Your field of responsibility
Join us as Client Relationship Manager for Private Label Funds launched by Institutional Asset Managers
In this role you will ensure excellence in client service delivery through the following responsibilities:
- Development, management and building of long-term relationships with clients. Ability to handle the full range of funds (i.e. starting from plain vanilla UCITS up to more complex alternative funds investing in real estate and private equity).
- Maintain at all-time a close relationship with the clients throughout the entire fund life cycle such as the account opening, fund on-boarding, day-to-day activities and product changes. Act as single point of contact to handle various daily queries and ensure co-ordination between internal and external stakeholders such as Depositary Bank, Central Administration, AIFM, Investment Manager, and Investment Advisor.
- Ensure the highest client satisfaction levels through excellence in the delivery of required fund services.
- Establish an efficient response to client requests and queries.
- Understand and actively promote the full suite of CS Group's products and services to the client, by maximizing cross selling opportunities such as credit lines (bridge financing, leverage), trading capabilities, securities lending, and client connectivity
- Request for proposals – manage and coordinate all RFPs together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for the compliance, legal and risk management of your client book and shall execute the following tasks:
- Coordinate legal negotiations of specific fund related contracts with CS legal specialists together with the client.
- Ensure collection of required legal client documentation and submit for approval to the different compliances and legal teams in line with the relevant internal policies of the bank.
- Prepare, maintain and update AML/KYC elements to ensure yearly review and compliance with all relevant internal policies and regulations.
Your future colleagues
You will join a highly motivated team of relationship managers. This is an excellent platform for personal and professional development within a highly committed and collaborative team of diverse people in an international and fast-paced environment.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, a new joiner should ideally possess following elements:
- University degree (preferably finance, law or business administration)
- Knowledge of fund and private banking regulations such as KYC, AML, GDPR, AIFMD, UCITSC V, European Fund Law
- Fluent in German and English. Any other language will be considered as an advantage.
- At least combined 6 - 8 years’ experience in the fund industry
- Service focused mentality and high flexibility
- Ability to work in a transversal and complex environment
- Excellent ability to build trusting and sustainable relationships with your clients and with your internal Partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines as dictated by internal teams and clients
- Ability to manage priorities, plan and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, disciplined and organized
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.