The Accountant is a member of the Accounting team, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and functionally under the leadership and coordination of the Accounting Team Leader. The role of the Accountant will be to undertake the overall accounting activities of the company.
The Accountant works autonomously and in close cooperation with the other Accounting team members, as well as has particular close contact with the other financial departments and the CFO. The Accountant will also be able to represent the company towards external parties.
The position requires an accountant / bookkeeper willing to support all accounting tasks. As a member of the Accounting Team, the Accountant is able to set a good example, assist other team members where necessary in their day to day work and their professional development, is customer oriented and embraces a “can do” attitude.
- Accounting activities:
- Processing payments and preparing bank transfers including bank reconciliations;
- Handling bookkeeping of bank statements;
- Handling bookkeeping of AP/AR;
- Fixed asset and prepayments management;
- Draft processes and procedures for Accounting activities, as well as ensure they are kept up to date.
- According to task allocation, active contributor for:
- Filing of monthly, yearly VAT returns and preparing working documents for Tax declarations;
- Handling annual corporate tax with external consultant;
- Handling other tax issues incl. EC sales lists and residence certificates;
- Handling of information to federal administration (STATEC reports, FEDIL etc.).
- Handling of the periodic closing activities and managing the inputs required for the closing:
- Accounts reconciliation;
- Point of contact for questions and requests from external stakeholders (banking partner, MPs and TSOs) and internal stakeholders (Operations, Controlling, Legal, etc);
- Participating in financial projects as required;
- Ad hoc investigations;
- Assisting in the annual audit and management of quarterly reconciliation processes with stakeholders;
- Back-up for other Finance departments, such as Treasury and Billing & Settlement when required;
- Support the team members in their day to day work and their professional development.
Must have Requirements
- Degree Education Level in Accounting/Finance (3 years after A-Level);
- Fluent in English with excellent written and spoken skills;
- 2 - 3 years’ experience working in Accounting;
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP-FICO would be a strong asset;
- Proficient in MS Office, most particularly in Excel;
- Able to work autonomously while being a team player;
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently
- Able to execute several tasks under strict deadlines.
- Good level of French and knowledge of the energy markets would be considered as an asset;
- Service and customer oriented;
- Able to multi-task and to work independently;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Open-minded and proactive;
- Dynamic, flexible and reliable;
- Able to deliver work of a high standard with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
According to the Luxembourg law of July 23rd 2016 (as amended), the successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record before signing the employment contract.
- 13th month
- 31 days holidays per year
- 150 Euros per month towards transportation (Bus/Train) or full reimbursement of parking tickets outside the office
- 50 Euros per month towards sport
- 18 Luncheon vouchers per month
- DKV private health insurance for you and your close family members (Optional)
- Pension plan, including Life and Disability Benefits
- 1,000 Euros towards training per year