KPMG Luxembourg combines a multi-disciplinary approach with deep, practical industry knowledge to help clients meet challenges and respond to opportunities. As a leading consulting firm with more than 1,700 employees and more than 70 nationalities in Luxembourg, we know that our strength and capability come from our people, their experiences, culture and backgrounds.
KPMG Luxembourg is looking for forward-thinking and passionate people to make a difference to our clients, people and communities.
To support our growth, we are currently seeking for one Data Governance Analyst to help on the continuous improvement and deployment of the Data & Analytics capabilities within the company. The successful candidate will help transform data across the firm into a valuable asset to drive business decisions and growth.
The Data Governance Analyst will support overseeing a wide range of data governance-related functions across KPMG Luxembourg, particularly the data governance framework, and the continuous development of the organization’s data management policies and practices as part of the Data Governance Program. The successful candidate will work closely with various departments managing the organization data flow, including the integrity, efficiency and availability of data.
As a Data Governance Analyst, your main missions will be to:
- Support the Data Governance Program implementation including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Support the roll-out of an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Support the definition of roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Identify how business needs translate into the data roadmap and align business concepts across departments (e.g. business glossaries, data dictionaries) to enhance the company’s analytics capabilities
- Serve as a liaison between business/functional areas and technology to ensure that the data roadmap is clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities and adoption requirements
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects to assure that data is compliant to company policies
The perfect candidate:
- Degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Statistics or a related technical discipline field with 3+ years of professional experience; Master of Science is a plus
- Experience with data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Experience with data related regulatory requirements (e.g., BCBS 239) and emerging trends and issues
- Experience with information lifecycle management, data governance and stewardship of best practices and data integration concepts
- Knowledge of IT architecture, systems and solutions (e.g. document management systems, data storage and access, data quality checks, encryption)
- Knowledge of data catalog tools (e.g., Collibra, Alation, Informatica)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment with a wide range of different stakeholders
- Fluency in English, French/Luxembourgish/German are considered an asset.
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.