Depositary Senior Analyst, Ucits
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
As Depositary Senior Analyst you will be a key member of the Northern Trust Global Services SE (NTGS SE) Luxembourg Depositary Team providing technical, monitoring and operational support and day-to-day contacts at clients. With on-going daily responsibility for / Depositary Operational requirements, the provision of operational advice on all Luxembourg funds technical matters and running appropriate operational monitoring programmes, the job holder will make a major contribution to the team, enabling Depositary Services to be provided effectively to our clients. Periodic involvement with other jurisdictional work is also possible at an Operations and SME level. The job holder will have an agreed responsibility for the seamless delivery of operational support of Depositary Services for NTGS SE Luxembourg clients.
- Ensure all Depositary requirements are met and escalate any issues where appropriate to management
- Work with the Depositary Managers and EMEA Product Development to ensure that all client technical advisory requirements are anticipated, responded to and validated
- Provide a high quality service to the client and ensure that all relevant business information is disseminated with clarity and efficiency
- Identify and act upon and opportunities to improve operating processes
- Assist with the implementation of Depositary new business and client change
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the operational output from delegates and/or third party service providers
- Attend and contribute to operational audit and board meetings
- Build relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to enhance service, delivering on Depositary duties
- Ensure that all processes undertaken are in line with applicable law and company’s policies and procedure
- Analyse the potential impact of a new laws and regulation on the depositary activity
- Ensure that all SLD requirements are monitored and met
- Maintain and update operational procedures in line with expected risk requirements
- Provide local support for all on-boarding initiatives
- Be a team player and strong leadership skills, able to multi-task and work with due skill and attention to accuracy
- Lead and participate in specific projects contributing to the overall operating efficiency/ effectiveness of the Depositary Operations
The Successful Candidate Will Benefit From Having
- Some experience in a Depositary, Custodian, ManCo/AIFM or Fund servicing role pertaining to the private capital asset sector
- Proven experience with Luxembourg UCIs, understanding and applying regulatory regimes of the AIFM and UCITS directives
- Proven client service experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with both clients, peers, and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and auditors.
- Conscientious positive outlook
- Sound understanding of change and the ability to transition and on-board client relationships
- The ability to adapt to and fit in with the Northern Trust culture
- A ‘can do’ attitude – including a willingness to tackle a broad range of work and to work enthusiastically within a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to represent Northern Trust professionally and positively, both internally and externally
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.