About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As Depositary Senior Analyst you will be a key member of the Northern Trust Global Services SE (NTGS SE) Luxembourg Depositary Team providing technical, monitoring and operational support and day-to-day contacts at clients. With on-going daily responsibility for / Depositary Operational requirements, the provision of operational advice on all Luxembourg funds technical matters and running appropriate operational monitoring programmes, the job holder will make a major contribution to the team, enabling Depositary Services to be provided effectively to our clients. Periodic involvement with other jurisdictional work is also possible at an Operations and SME level. The job holder will have an agreed responsibility for the seamless delivery of operational support of Depositary Services for NTGS SE Luxembourg clients.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role May Include:
- Ensure all Depositary requirements are met and escalate any issues where appropriate to management
- Work with the Depositary Managers and EMEA Product Development to ensure that all client technical advisory requirements are anticipated, responded to and validated
- Provide a high quality service to the client and ensure that all relevant business information is disseminated with clarity and efficiency
- Identify and act upon and opportunities to improve operating processes
- Assist with the implementation of Depositary new business and client change
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the operational output from delegates and/or third party service providers
- Attend and contribute to operational audit and board meetings
- Build relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to enhance service, delivering on Depositary duties
- Ensure that all processes undertaken are in line with applicable law and company’s policies and procedure
- Analyse the potential impact of a new laws and regulation on the depositary activity
- Ensure that all SLD requirements are monitored and met
- Maintain and update operational procedures in line with expected risk requirements
- Provide local support for all on-boarding initiatives
- Be a team player and strong leadership skills, able to multi-task and work with due skill and attention to accuracy
- Lead and participate in specific projects contributing to the overall operating efficiency/ effectiveness of the Depositary Operations
The Successful Candidate Will Benefit From Having:
- Some experience in a Depositary, Custodian, ManCo/AIFM or Fund servicing role pertaining to the private capital asset sector
- Proven experience with Luxembourg UCIs, understanding and applying regulatory regimes of the AIFM and UCITS directives
- Proven client service experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with both clients, peers, and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and auditors.
- Conscientious positive outlook
- Sound understanding of change and the ability to transition and on-board client relationships
- The ability to adapt to and fit in with the Northern Trust culture
- A ‘can do’ attitude – including a willingness to tackle a broad range of work and to work enthusiastically within a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to represent Northern Trust professionally and positively, both internally and externally
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.