Private Equity Fund Accountant (m/f)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Accountant in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Administration Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with a senior accountant or officer to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Funds and holding companies under the supervision of the Senior Accountant/Officer.
- Ensuring the financial statements are finalised and filed within the regulatory deadlines.
- Working with the client to agree on the quarterly and year end reporting templates, ensuring compliance with relevant GAAPs and regulations.
- Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries and ensuring a smooth running of the year end and interim audit process.
- Preparation and review of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
- Preparation and review of the NAVs within defined timeframes.
- Bookkeeping and reviewing accounting entries, including restructuring, acquisitions and disposal of investments, under the supervision of the Senior Accountant/Officer.
- Liaison with clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Performing the bank reconciliation ensuring they are completed within the required internal deadlines.
- Liaison with other internal departments such as Transfer Agency, Legal, Compliance, Custody and Company Secretarial as and when required.
- Assist with the capital call/distribution process, including preparation of the relevant accounting batches.
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- To ensure all investor static data is accurate.
REQUIREMENTS (Qualifications and Knowledge/Skills/Competencies)
- Knowledge and experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Part qualification to a Professional Accounting Qualification would be an advantage but not required
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.