Manager - Onboarding Investment Funds (m/f)
Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth. As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To deliver an engaging, seamless and efficient onboarding experience to the investment fund clients of Ocorian across a varied portfolio of fund initiators, while ensuring compliance with both internal and external rules and regulations. Provide training, support, guidance and oversight to junior members of staff.
- To provide subject matter expertise in initial conversations with prospective new clients for Ocorian’s investment fund services;
- To participate in the review and validation of proposals prepared by Ocorian’s dedicated Business Development team;
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact for new fund client prospects and confirmed new mandates and the organisation of onboarding actions;
- To ensure that Ocorian’s CRM application Salesfoce is maintained with updated information regarding prospects and the related business opportunities;
- To draft relevant agreements as basis for the contractual relationships with new clients, respectively to adapt existing agreements for changes in scope or other content;
- To present new clients to Ocorian’s New Business Acceptance Committee;
- To arrange for the incorporation of new client entities, through interaction with notaries and banks;
- To prepare client’s operating memorandum along with the fund accounting and Investor services teams;
- To assist the Head of Onboarding in day-to-day matters of team and workload management;
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff;
- To promptly escalate any issues/risks arising to the Head of Onboarding where appropriate.
Ideally, the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to professional level.
Knowledge, skills AND experience
- Ideally a minimum of 6 years or more relevant experience in the Luxembourg investment funds sector, in particular in legal & onboarding matters;
- Comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of fund set-up, administration and Know-Your-Customer obligations;
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to take responsibility for the completion of tasks while staying alert to potential issues that need to be disclosed to the Head of Onboarding;
- Professional manner, demonstrating good interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to clients’ needs; ability to communicate efficiently and in a manner suitable to the client being addressed;
- Ability to draft and review legal documents and agreements on the basis of Ocorian templates;
- Diligence and care in all aspects of the job, in particular with regard to client data and the maintenance of KYC files and records;
- Problem solving – being able to review the situation and determine an alternative course of action to achieve the desired goal;
- An interest in financial services/working within a regulated environment.
- The ability to work independently;
- The ability to manage and effectively communicate with more junior staff;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Methodical and accurate approach with an eye for detail;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Fluency in English (written and oral), with any other language (French, German) being considered as an advantage.