Financial Controller - Data analyst (m/f)
Publiée le 02/03/2023
Financial Controller - Data analyst
About Proximus Luxembourg
Proximus Luxembourg is a leading historical player in the ICT & Telecoms markets. Proximus Luxembourg addresses both residential and business markets through its commercial brands Tango, Telindus and more recently Codit.
With PSF support status, the company has almost 750 employees. All these experts share a passion for digital technology, a spirit of openness and innovation, and a desire to simplify, connect and make their customers' personal and professional activities ever more secure.
Proximus Luxembourg is actively contributing to the acceleration of Luxembourg's digitalisation and its economic influence through the development of connectivity, resilient infrastructures and 5G, as well as innovative technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and IoT.
Proximus Luxembourg is a subsidiary of the Proximus group (Euronext Brussels: PROX), provider of digital services and communication solutions operating in the Belgian and international markets.
Telindus Luxembourg – Share more than technologies!
Telindus is a brand of Proximus Luxembourg.
Founded in 1979, Telindus Luxembourg accompanies all organizations in their digital transformation, by providing holistic ICT & Telecommunication solutions, as well as tailored support services. Its areas of expertise include Telecommunication Services, ICT Infrastructure, Multi-Cloud, Digital Finance Solutions, Cybersecurity, Business Applications, Managed Services and Training.
Always in search of innovation, Telindus works daily to boost the growth of its customers.
ROLE and OBJECTIVES
This role is part of a wider team of financial controllers in the Finance organisation.
The team’s purpose is to provide visibility on the company financial viability and improve its profitability. Based on a business-partnership approach, its role comprises of: commercial and financial reporting, tool building, result analysis, business cases, revenue and cost controls, and budget planning (medium and long-term). The team also ensures the data quality and the respect of rules / processes in finance.
The selected candidate will work closely with the other teams in Finance and other departments (Product, Sales, Technical, and Delivery teams) and will cover parts of the direct operating margin of the ICT business (Cloud, IT outsourcing, Applications, Network, and Cybersecurity) in the Entreprise market, or the direct margin of the Telecom business (voice/internet/connectivity/TV on mobile and fixed networks, and wholesale between telecom operators in the Consumer and Entreprise markets).
Typical activities in the controlling team
- Monthly closing activities
- Quarterly forecasting (budget update)
- Budget and multiple-year exercise
- Finance process improvement
- Business case validation and review
- Adhoc financial analysis and modelling for product/business teams
- Track product financial performance on a monthly basis and on a per-contract basis
Activities specific to the position
- Reconciliate and control supplier invoices to optimise direct costs
- Build dashboards on Excel tools and Power BI interfaces
- Work closely with the sales, pre-sales and product management teams to understand the performance per product and services, per client, per contract
- Improve the quality of data (as a primary source of information) and define management rules to maintain transparency and quality
- Challenge the current reporting methodologies and propose simpler, leaner and more accurate alternatives
- Continuously look for operational/process improvements to rise the direct margin
- Produce figures and give support to any internal and external reporting
- If required, document any processes, rules, or governance (e.g. billable ratio, order intake …)
Cloud : IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Hybrid, on-premise, off-premise
Applications : Fintech, Gesall, Apsal, unified collaboration tools, digitalisation
Core wholesale interconnected technologies : Voice telephony, SMS, MMS, Broadband (DSL, VDSL & Fiber) but can also include support for wholesale IPTV, wholesale Roaming, Signalisation, Data (GRX, IP Transit).
The candidate should be highly educated (Bac +5 or equivalent to a Master level) with a strong command of French/English written and spoken. Her/his resume should exhibit great capabilities in financial and data analysis (2+ years experience). A background in strategy/management consulting is a plus. The candidate should enjoy working in a high-paced environment and resolving problems.
Required knowledge and skills
- Great listening and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to get teams from different department to work together
- Analytical, data-driven and rigourous
- Multi-tasking and result focused
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, look-up) and database management (ability to query systems in SQL-type language)
- Basic knowledge in finance, data analytics, and ICT/high-tech (as a sector) is fine but a strong interest in developing those 3 fields is a must
If at the end of the process your application is successful, you will be asked for a criminal record
A professional and stimulating working environment in IT & telecom sector . Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.