Technical Account Manager
Publiée le 01/05/2022
We recruit for one of our clients, a leading insurance, a Technical account manager.
As a Technical Accounting Officer you will work closely with the underwriting team to ensure that all technical data sourced from insurance intermediaries is complete and accurate and processed in a timely manner.
You will analyze financial implications of existing and potential reinsurance contracts based mainly on surety, financial, property and liability risks from Europe and North America.
You will contribute to the production of regular reinsurance performance reports to help the management in their decision making and will be involved in the production of reports required under Lux GAAP and Solvency II.
Specifically, you will work on:
- Liaise with the underwriting officer, actuaries and other team members to ensure timely collection and correct interpretation of the technical data pertaining to accounting of the reinsurance treaties.
- Liaise with the business partners - ceding companies or brokers - in order to ensure the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the data related to mutual contracts.
- Contribute to further development of internal processes to enhance efficiency and control of the of technical data being sourced and processed.
- Ensure all technical data is correctly accounted in the accounting system.
- Liaise with external auditors for statutory audits and internal auditors for compliance audits.
- Monitor re/insurance debtors and creditors, pay claims and ensure the timely collection of premiums in collaboration with the underwriting and risk departments.
- Ensure technical receivables are collected in due time and contribute to an efficient cash management in collaboration with the finance department.
- Identify and report breaches to your responsible.
- Assist to issue monthly technical financial reports to the management of the company and the group.
- Contribute to a comprehensive analysis of the performance of the reinsurance programs. Participate in producing of insightful reports on financial development of the reinsurance programs against expectation and forecasts.
- Contribute to the statutory reporting process toward the insurance regulatory (Solvency I and Solvency II) and reporting to the rating agency.
Minimum bac +3/ college degree and relevant professional training in economics, statistics, actuarial sciences, finance or equivalent experience in (re)insurance or financial sector.
Substantial knowledge of accounting principles and rules for insurance and /or reinsurance contracts under Lux GAAP and/or US GAAP and/or IFRS.
Minimum experience of 2-3 years in a similar function an insurance or reinsurance company in a country subject to the Solvency II Directive or equivalent regulatory legislation. Alternatively: relevant experience in a captive management company or in an accounting firm providing services for insurance/ reinsurance companies.
Au fait with legal wording of insurance and reinsurance contracts.
Knowledge of the Luxembourg (re-)insurance industry would be an advantage.
Good communication skills.
Personal traits desired – analytical, IT savvy, data solution oriented, forward thinking, initiative taking, dynamic, striving for excellence, culturally aware.
Capable of working in a small to medium size team within a large group.
English and French are mandatory (at least a level C1 in oral and in written for both languages).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel. Substantial working experience with at least one of accounting IT systems.