Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
The Senior Fund Analyst has the responsibility to analyses, select and monitor investment funds within an open architecture framework. He is a key person in developing investment content, delivering this content in an efficient and tailor-made fashion to RMs and Investment Advisors and in supporting the Investment Strategy team in other related aspects, particularly in managing fund-of-funds.
The role is situated in the Funds team within Investment Strategy. You will be reporting to the Head of Funds.
You will be responsible for three key deliverable:
- You will conduct fund analysis and select funds based on the defined process as a member of the Funds team to contribute to the investment content of BIL Group
- You will support the management of BIL Invest fund-of-funds in daily operations and the Investment Strategy team in other related tasks.
- Support BIL’ sales activities by a proactive information of the sales front office via multiple communication channels
Fund analysis & selection:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative fund analysis using the established process and relevant data sources
- Select and maintain a list of approved mutual funds in line with BIL Group governance and procedures
- Follow up on approved funds; regularly contact asset managers in this follow-up and identify better alternatives when relevant
- Participate in the team communication efforts (intranet, mails, meetings)
Fund-of-Fund management and team support:
- Take charge of day-to-day operations of the BIL Invest fund range from flow management to risk management/guidelines monitoring
- Support communication efforts related to BIL Invest
- Provide proactive input to the respective investment committees
- Support the team (Funds and Investment Strategy)
Must Have Requirements
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or in a scientific discipline. Professional certification such as CFA will be considered as an asset
- Strong quantitative and analytical competence
- Good understanding of regulatory environment
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with internal clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit, problem solving
- Good organisation, ability to take initiatives and to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office is a must. Knowledge of Bloomberg, Morningstar, VBA
- Fluent in English plus another European language (French is an advantage)