We are Netcompany-Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.netcompany-intrasoft.com.
As a Senior SQL Server DBA, working mainly at client's premises, you will ensure that the databases within the IT landscape are up and running smoothly 24/7. You will also support and maintain the organization's Database Infrastructure to ensure traditional SLAs are achieved.
Your responsibilities include:
- Be the database subject matter expert across the wide database landscape
- Proactively monitor and performance tune system databases across the SQL Server estate by performing tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Managing the provision for data security and recovery control, enabling the recovery of data in a disaster
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are regularly tested for business-critical databases.
- Maintain Security and Compliance guidelines as per best practice
- Capacity management, ensuring storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Monitor database performance, maintain system availability, implement changes and apply new patches and versions in a proactive and timely manner
- Provisioning of new SQL Server instances
- Perform analysis with continuous improvements in mind, enabling the databases to remain fully optimised
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform troubleshooting, problem remediation, system restoration and root cause analysis.
- Automation of regular activities
- Extensive experience working in an environment at enterprise scale as a DBA
- At least 7 years for experience administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2014 to 2019) with a track record of improving IT operational practices
- Advanced knowledge of Always On
- Solid knowledge of RDBMS concepts and database architecture
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance
- Maintaining Microsoft SQL security releases, apply hotfixes and implement patching schedules
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents
- Knowledge of ITIL change and problem management processes
- Knowledge of other database technologies like Oracle or Postgres is a plus
- Experience of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum
- Knowledge of the AGILE methodology would be preferable
- Strong problem solving skills, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Team player spirit
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
The safety and well-being of our employees remain our top priority. Please note that Netcompany-Intrasoft’s recruitment process is being conducted virtually due to preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values:
Be the link of a great team that forms a unique network across departments, countries and business units and operates with trust, open communication, transparency and respect.
We make it happen with our expertise, accountability and solution-driven attitude. We always strive for improvement, always with an eye on the big picture.
We learn & evolve by embracing a culture of building on our experiences, sharing our knowledge and developing our skills. We are always open to new ideas and invite all our colleagues to contribute with theirs.
We fuel creativity in every aspect of our everyday life at Netcompany - Intrasoft; in the solutions and products we design and the initiatives we undertake.
We share customer success by understanding their unique needs, corresponding to their vision, and exceeding their expectations.
*Please submit your CV in English
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.