MS Windows System Engineer (Active Directory) (F/M)
Specialty: Systems Administration/ Engineering
We are Netcompany - Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with a strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: https://www.netcompany-intrasoft.com
We are looking for a Microsoft System Engineer in Luxembourg
A day in the life of MS Engineer
As a Microsoft Windows Engineers, you are a part of the second/third level support for the Client end user services infrastructure. Engineers must demonstrate technical competence, maintain and manage critical infrastructure/systems and ensure the highest level of availability, performance and security.
Windows engineers shall collectively possess required technical skills (e.g. MIM, SCCM, AD, ADFS, File and print server Management, Exchange Server Management, software packaging and deployment, etc.) to be able to cover the entire scope of technologies required by the Customer.
This role will also be called upon to assist application developers and all operational teams. The non-exhaustive list of job responsibilities as well as technical and specific skills / experience is shown below.
Your main duties will be:
- Management and complex troubleshooting regarding AD, ADFS, AD Azure, AD Connect and MS Exchange Server technologies
- Management of patching and vulnerability related to all mentioned technologies above
- Focus on continuous improvement, automation and keeping systems running with optimal effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the resolution of IT incidents and fulfilment of service requests as applicable
- Provide assistance for other processes such as release management, change management support etc.
- Play a key role in troubleshooting incidents (including indicators or precursors) in a timely manner, and coordinate changes between internal infrastructure teams and development teams
- Document processes and procedures and keep relevant infrastructure documentation up-to-date
- Provide assistance in guiding users in formulating requirements, provide advice on alternative courses of action and conduct feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Conduct evaluations, testing and integration of new operating systems, drivers and patches.
If you have
Knowledge and skills
- At least 10 years of proven professional experience in a similar function and similar projects
- Very good command of the English language (C1 minimum), French is an asset
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Sound experience and knowledge of Active Directory, AD Azure, AD Connect, AD Federation Services, MS Exchange Server gained during concrete projects in which the candidate has played a major role
- Proven experience in patch and vulnerability management
- Experience with multiple scripting languages (a very good level of PowerShell is mandatory)
- Good command of ITIL processes, ticketing systems and CMDB
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation
- One or more vendor domain certifications: e.g. MCSE
- Experience in Exchange migrations is definitely an asset
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.) is an asset
It would also be a plus if you had
- Very good when communicating and having interactions with users in the English language
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to provide support over the phone with perfect phone skills in English
- Able to work both independently and as a strong team player
- Flexible and stress resilient
This position comes with
- Competitive compensation packages
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging tasks within large-scale projects
- An international dynamic within a fast-paced working environment
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values:
Be the link of a great team that forms a unique network across departments, countries and business units and operates with trust, open communication, transparency and respect.
We make it happen with our expertise, accountability and solution-driven attitude. We always strive for improvement, always with an eye on the big picture.
We learn & evolve by embracing a culture of building on our experiences, sharing our knowledge and developing our skills. We are always open to new ideas and invite all #NetcompanyIntrasoftPeople to contribute with theirs.
We fuel creativity in every aspect of our everyday life; in the solutions and products we design and the initiatives we undertake.
We share customer success by understanding their unique needs, corresponding to their vision, and exceeding their expectations.