NSI – Backup Senior Administrator – EN (m/f)
NSI -CEGEKA Group is based in Luxembourg and Belgium. The company celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2018. NSI is a provider of value-added IT services (Agile application development, ERP, cloud infrastructure, professional services) for the private and public sectors.
To reinforce our teams, we are looking for a Backup Senior Administrator, speaking English fluently
Your main responsibilities:
- Be responsible of the whole backup infrastructure, you will have to challenge the current infrastructure versus the needs of our customers in a continuous improvement way.
- Assess backup solutions in use by our current installed-base customers.
- Evaluate customer needs based on applications requirements, current capacity and growth trends.
- Deliver engineering specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for projects and initiatives.
- Estimate effort, both development and product delivery timelines, to determine a course of action for project.
- Provide technical analytical leadership for specific backup needs or objectives in order to meet contractual business requirements.
- Work closely with external vendors and other personnel in order to optimize and facilitate the best solution to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide technical services for customers in a highly complex storage and backup environments. Demonstrate ability to assess technical impact to the project/new technology along with technical risks.
- Resolve complex problems with little or no guidance. Independently research and promote specialized technical solutions.
- Analyze complex hardware and software issues associated with backup-related technologies, including Avamar, Data Domain and TSM
- Analyze, design, test, document, and implement solutions for continuous data availability, integrity, backup and protection.
- Maintain technical awareness producing work procedures.
- Strong background in enterprise data protection, management and protection solutions. Must be able to design and implement new data protection solutions, manage change, and add backup policies in a large-scale, mission-critical, environment.
- Must have wide-ranging experience and the ability to apply that experience along with professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in effective ways.
- Strong organizational skills are necessary. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- This will be a technical lead role.
- Manage, configure and maintain multi-PB multi-tiered environment.
- Report on performance and capacities and make allocation recommendations based on trending.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance discussions and assist in development and execution of disaster recovery exercises.
- At least 5 years of experiences in a similar role
- English fluent. French will be considered as an advantage
- Avamar Platform deep knowledge (expert level)
- TSM Platform knowledge
- EMC DPA reporting tool deep knowledge
- Multi technologies environment (wintel, Unix, Linux, Oracle, Sybase) experience
- Multi-Client on huge infrastructure experience
- Work in a highly ITIL processed environment
- Have very good communication skills
- On-call rotation after business hours to provide 24hr support for any production operational issues.
If at the end of the recruitment process your application is successful, you will be asked for a criminal record
- Freelance or permanent contract
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Competitive salary package
If you do not receive any answer within around 20 days, you should consider that we cannot proceed with your application.