Working for Orange Luxembourg
Orange is a bold challenger on the Luxemburgish telecom market. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced colleague to join our IT/Network department. Maybe your talents are the ones we are currently looking for!
We are looking for a Field Technician (F/M) to join our IT/Network department.
The purpose of Field Technician is to manage all on-site installation, commissioning, maintenance/repair and test tasks on the different network element of the Network in Orange Luxembourg (smallcell ,BTS, NodeB, eNodeB , Microwave, Fiber optic, DWDM, MPLS DSLAM equipment, antenna ,SDH,CPE….) up to the service restoration and/or service creation during and outside business hours
Log into the next step of your career!
As a Field Technician, you:
- Maintain and trouble shoot the different network elements (smallcell ,BTS, NodeB, eNodeB , Microwave, Fiber optic, DWDM, MPLS DSLAM,SDH,CPE ,antenna….) up to the service restoration and in case of the trouble ticket creation provide all information needed (log files, reports, serial number…) for the trouble ticket creation.
- Ensure the installation, configuration and commissioning of the network element up to the service creation.
- Participate in the on call activities for field services.
- Produce timely and detailed weekly reports of the activities.
- Manage stock of spare parts. Execute performance tests on new, used and repaired equipment.
- Manage all cabling activities inside the department following the different procedures
- Grant physical access on site for our partners if it’s needed.
- On request, perform the different radio drive test in the defined area.
- Perform the acceptance with a control of the coherence between the theoretical design done by external partners, the engineers and the field.
- Make audits & quality control on site and resolve the inconsistency.
- Transmission (PDH, SDH and Ethernet Protocol)
- Voice (testing on layer 3)
- Network and network elements (basic configurations)
- Theoretical knowledge of direct current and of high and low voltage alternating current.
- Knowledge of electrical installations
- Knowledge of cooling systems and of the functioning of cooling devices.
4) Climbing qualification and certification (GOF3/GOF4 if required )
- Degree of technician or education in communication, or Bachelor – electronic, telecommunication
- At least 3 years’ experience in telecom.
- Good risk analysis
- Good communication skills
- Stress resistant
- Team player
- Sense of initiative
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to solve problems
Discover our offer!
A challenging role with personal development opportunities. Moreover, you can look forward to the following compensation and benefits package: a market competitive salary, performance bonus, meal vouchers, medical insurance, complementary pension, service car, and high-end smartphone as a free tariff plan.
Inspired? Then we would like to hear from you!