Internship - Captive Insurance and Risk Management
Requisition Number: 11799
Contract Type: Internship/trainee
Location(s): Betzdorf, LU
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
6-month internship, starting in June 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the insurance and risk management team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry.
Based in Betzdorf, you will contribute to the activities of a Unique Captive and Enterprise Risk Management of the SES group. The internship provides an opportunity to learn and enhance your finance education practical skills which will help you further your career in the field of insurance and risk management.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the realignment of the invoicing system with various departments in finance
- Support the Risk Management Group with the collection and assessment of risks across the company and with the reporting of those risks to the Senior Leadership Team
- Support in day to day working of captives including activities for the development of captives
- Assist Insurance team on Ad- hoc projects
- Coordinate various activities related to non-satellite and satellite insurance
- Support the preparation and review of presentations to executive
- Being a current student in Applied Mathematics, statistics, Engineering, Economics, Insurance
- Interest in the media/telecommunication business or curiosity to learn about new lines of business
- Good analytical and judgment skills, some experience with modeling and decision theory is considered as an asset
- Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access);
- Experience with @risk or similar software is considered an asset
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Easiness to communicate at all levels;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.