Arendt Services, which is part of Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, is regulated by the Luxembourg supervisory authority (CSSF – Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and operates under the status of Professional of Financial Sector (“PSF”).
Arendt Services offers a wide range of services, such as domiciliation, corporate secretarial and accounting services, fund services, directorship of companies, tax-compliance services and assistance in the winding-up of companies.
As a result of the continuous increase in our activities, we are looking for a:
Senior Fund Accountant - PERE (m/f)
As a Senior Fund Accountant in the Arendt Funds Solutions (AFS) department, your role will encompass all facets of the calculation/review of net asset values on a variety of complex PERE funds. This is a challenging and rewarding role which provides exposure to all elements of a PERE fund’s accounting processes and life cycle. Working with other members of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Accounting/Review of accounting of PERE funds which hold a diverse portfolio of investments. This involves understanding and being responsible for keeping books and records and for timely and accurate recording of transactions for complex structures;
- Calculation of net asset value of funds on a quarterly/semi-annual and annual basis which will include the preparation of reporting packs under relevant GAAP such as LUXGAAP, IFRS or USGAAP;
- Reporting to and communicating with investment managers and other relevant parties;
- Assist in the preparation/review of financial statements for audit purposes;
- Taking ownership for all elements of a funds reporting cycle from review and interpretation of fund governing documentation, through to day to day accounting tasks, the production of quarterly reporting and net asset values and annual financial statements.
- You have an accountancy or business administration qualification;
- You have between 3 and 5 years of experience in a fund accounting position (preferably within asset management groups in Luxembourg);
- Experience in accounting for Private Equity/Real Estate funds, Holdings Companies, SPV’s etc. in Luxembourg is an advantage;
- You have a knowledge of various accounting standards and principals (LUXGAAP, and ideally also IFRS or USGAAP);
- You have a knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to Alternative funds such as RAIF, knowledge of AIFM regulation;
- You must have an excellent command of English, a second language would be useful
- You have a working knowledge of MS Office including mastering Excel;
- Demasy knowledge is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.