Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
The Head of Business Implementation & Enforcement reports to the Head of Financial Markets and is in charge of providing support and project management capabilities to all activities of the business line.
Through several transversal functions, the Head of Business Implementation & Enforcement provides also transversal services to the bank, in particular concerning all trading room activities (P&M, Banking Book Management, Financial Risk Mgt, Operations).
The Head of Business Implementation & Enforcement plays a lead role to ensure effectiveness of the business line in achieving its objectives, project success, service quality and regulatory expertise of the trading room activities.
1. Team Management
- Manage resources availability
- Provide oversight and direction to the team members
- Delegate tasks, projects, missions and ask for regular feedback
- Develop the team collaboration culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the department /the organization
- Maintain appropriate communication within the team
2. Project Management
- Manage the delivery of Financial Markets projects (Regulatory, Business, Technical)
- Lead studies and ensure the continuity by managing the subsequent implementation of solutions, platforms and processes. Ensure coordination of all stakeholders
- Drive the analysis and the development of business ideas ensuring their strategic alignment and business case
- Ensure the definition, coordination and implementation of the required change management plan to ensure that the project’s deliverables are well integrated in the existing environment
- Pro-actively take decisions or seek approval to ensure the project stays on track
- Ensure constant monitoring and reporting on project progress to the Project Steering Committee, Senior Management and the relevant Portfolio Governance Body; in particular support the Head Financial Markets in his role as member of the bankwide Project Portfolio Management Committee (PPfMC)
- Provide direction, support and coordination to cross functional teams, providers and partners.
3. Financial Markets support activities
- Ensure daily support of Financial Markets by positioning the Business Implementation & Enforcement team as a central interface between the activities and the key functions of the bank
- Ensure close collaboration with Risk and Banking Book Management regarding the joint infrastructure, platform and data needs
- Support the Head of Financial Markets in the financial management of the business line (P&L, costs, resources, budgets, limits)
- Manage Audit recommendations of the line and ensure timely completeness
- Provide contractual support in accordance with the bank’s purchasing framework
- Ensure Incident Management (technical and operational)
- Ensure coordination in business recovery situation
- Manage yearly budget exercise for the business line
- Propose innovation and constant improvement of dealing room tools, process and market practices
4. Regulatory center of expertise
- Ensure a permanent regulatory watch on the Financial Markets activities
- Develop the regulatory expertise to place the team as a center of competence for the business line
- Drive the impact analysis and ensure their implementation in accordance with the support functions of the bank.
5. Internal and External promotion / representation
- Support and represent the business line in internal communication exercises
- Represent the bank and the business line, in accordance with the communication framework of the bank, in conference, forums or workgroups as an active member or a speaker
6. Transversal Functions & regulator exposure
Any demonstrated experience in the following topics would be considered as an added value :
a. Efficiency Management
- As a single point of contact of the business line to support the Workforce Optimization Team, support the FTE roadmap of the business line and ensure that all HR movement are done in accordance with the Roadmap.
- Define and support, within BIL’s efficiency community solutions to enhance the cost/income ratio of the bank.
b. Data controller / Data Owner / Data Manager
- Support the Data Protection Officer in its mission through the data controller role of the business line
- Support all projects on GDPR aspects
- Act as owner and enabler on all Financial Markets related data
- Ensure active contribution in the Data community of the bank
c. Supervisor communication on covered regulations / Financial Markets topics
- In accordance with the bank’s communication framework with the supervisors, be the single point of contact for the business line.
d. Single Resolution Board
- By being stream leader on the Financial Market Infrastructure Contingency plan, be the single point of contact for the Single Resolution Board of the related requirements.
- Ensure regulatory alignment with providers, counterparties, Market Infrastructure to comply with our obligations.
e. NCA OnSite Inspections
- Be the Supervisory Single Point of Contact for the business line and the bank on specific covered regulations or Financial Markets business activities during onsite inspections
Must Have Requirements
Domain of expertise: Project management, Financial Markets, IT & new technologies, Products
Education (Required level): BAC + 5 / Master degree
Languages: English, French. Any other language constitutes an asset
Banking techniques: Deep knowledge in the banking sector and in particular in the following domains: Dealing/Trading room activities, Product management, BankInsurance, Investment management, Financial regulations linked to the above domains.
IT techniques: Deep knowledge in Financial Markets platforms (Refinitiv Electronic Trading, Bloomberg, Finastra Kondor+, Single bank platforms, Ullink, MarkitWire), advisory tools (EdgeLab), Realtime gateways (Inforalgo CMFI, IHS Markit).
Experience with Clarity or any other Portfolio Management tool.
Proficient with MS Office tools.
Experience (Type + number of years): 10+ years of experience in the banking sector with a strong similar function in a Financial Markets or Investments environment and demonstrated successful transversal project management experience
Other: Influencer of market practices (via associations, initiatives, …) is considered as an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Client Focus
- Strong leadership and team spirit
- Excellent capacity to support business teams with empathy, business understanding and analytical skills.
- Efficiency in problem resolution and coordination
- High stress tolerance
- Capacity to take decisions in complex multifactor environments
- Connected thinking, end-to-end understanding of key processes