Research Associate (Postdoc) in Applied Cryptography
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. CryptoLux/SnT team is currently doing research in cryptography, distributed ledgers and privacy. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
University of Luxembourg, Computer Science department and Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invite applications from Ph.D. holders in the general area of Applied Cryptography. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT. CryptoLux/SnT team is currently doing research in cryptography, distributed ledgers and privacy.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The successful candidate will join the CryptoLux research team led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. He or she will contribute to a research project on future directions in cryptography and IT security and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in one or more of the following topics:
- o Applied Cryptography (symmetric, lightweight, AE, White-box etc.)
- o Financial cryptography, cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies
- o Privacy enhancing technologies (Tor, zero-knowledge, eID, etc.)
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Providing guidance to Ph.D. and M.Sc. students
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
- Good skills in C /or C++ or scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
The University offers a one year employment contract (extendable). The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment together with more than 300 people working on all aspects of cryptography, IT security from very theoretical to very applied ones.
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. ;SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 12 Month (extension possible)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Start day: As soon as possible
- Job Reference: UOL04539
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.