SENIOR ORACLE DBA (M/F)
Experis is currently looking for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator (m/f) to strengthen a DBA team inside a huge environment, on behalf of a client based in Luxembourg (sometimes travelling to Strasbourg required).
- Ensure careful backup and restore of database iterations.
- Setup, execute and adjust SQL and shell scripts (existing ones) when generating a new dataset. Develop SQL and shell scripts to define release scope requirements, perform issue debugging, data changes etc.
- Assist application development team when they perform tests (flashback, database restore, performance analysis, etc.).
- Participate in the development and testing of migration from Linux and HPUX to Exadata.
- Keep track of every backup that is made (release version, hotfixes applied, dataset type, etc.).
- Finalize description and move of backup systems to ZDLRA/RA21.
- Degree in Computer Science and at least 5 years’ experience as a DBA.
- Significant hands-on experience in set-up/maintenance of Oracle Database and Grid Infrastructure, but also in database backup & restore in replicated environment
- Mandatory skills to have:
- Experience with Data Guard
- SQL scripting
- Basic knowledge of network principles.
- Ability to realize performance analysis (for instance, performance investigation in Production or Development environments).
- Considered as a plus:
- ZDLRA / RA backup platform
- Soft skills:
- Organized, with a collaborative mindset; ready to work during night or weekend from time to time in Strasbourg.
- Fluent in French; English would be an asset.