Research Associates in Computer Vision
Publiée le 29/05/2023
Université du Luxembourg
Research Associates in Computer Vision
(Valid from 01/01/2023 to 31/12/2023)
About the SnT...
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The successful candidates will join the Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI2) headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada in order to carry out research in the general area of Computer Vision. Multiple positions are open.
CVI2 offers the opportunity to work on multiple projects (projects with industrial partners such as Lift-Me Off, ARTEC 3D and DataThings and/or national and international academic projects). All projects require conducting full scale experiments, including real-time implementation, data acquisition, training and validation at the SnT Computer Vision Lab. CVI2 is a young group composed of highly motivated and active members. Their work focuses on innovative research topics such as 3D shape modelling, 6DOF object pose estimation, human behavior understating, and deep learning and is disseminated in top-tiers venues.
- Shaping research directions and producing results
- Attracting funding in cooperation with industrial partners
- Participating in proposal writing
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Participating to the teaching activities
- Providing support in setting up and running experiments in the SnT Computer Vision laboratory
- Proposing and implementing real-time solutions
- Participating in organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in computer vision and/or image/signal processing focusing on one or more of the following topics:
- Computer vision
- Pattern recognition
- Deep learning/machine learning
- Computer graphics
- Experience with European projects (FP7/H2020), national/international projects and/or industrial project
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Strong development skills in Python, Matlab or/and C++
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch and Tensorflow
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (up to 5 years in total)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL03715
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral researcher at the UL is EUR 77.167,08 (full time)
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Contact Information of 2 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg...
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.