The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Based on the University's strategy and the needs of the UL community to keep the pace of changes and the target of a new process, the buyer will assist with the definition and implementation of the University's procurement strategy.
The buyer will support in coordinating and piloting the procurement tenders and category strategy for the University of Luxembourg.
- Assist with the management of existing contracts and input in the negotiation of new major contracts at the UL
- Identify, select, evaluate and manage suppliers associated to the commodities in charge of Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers Evaluate bids and make recommendations
- Provide professional advice and support on all matters relating to procurement
- Draft documents required for public procurement procedures
- Contribute to development and delivery of all procurement related training to internal stakeholders Ensure the end-to-end process for public tenders
- Ensure compliance with the public procurement rules and procedures
What we expect from you…
- 2-5 years of experience in a purchasing environment
- Experience in administrating procurement systems and procedures Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP MM
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with public tenders in Luxembourg if possible Diplomacy and excellent communications skills
- Solution oriented attitude; Analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge in English and French, written and verbal. Any other additional language is a plus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05110
- Internal Title: Procurement officer