The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
In order to contribute to the development of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine, the position holder will assist the Dean in the financial development of the scientific and teaching planning of the Faculty.
Your duties include:
- Support in preparation of the budget, forecast, reporting and cost /income follow-up in adequacy with the applicable framework and agreed timetable along the project lifecycle (from creation to closure)
- Ensure the consolidation of financial information with a focus on HR costs
- Maintain financial databases and ledgers, and propose corrections
- Financial support of all relevant stakeholders of the Faculty (Senior Financial Controller, Research Facilitators and Researchers with budget responsibilities) with ad hoc requests
- Coordination with the Central services (SFC, RSD, …)
- Initiate and assist stakeholders with improvements of finance-related working methods and processes, share best practices and acknowledged procedures
- Participation in development of internal tools, system (eg. CRIS)
- Ensure periodical reports (quantitative and qualitative), in accordance with defined formats and procedures for the Management
What we expect from you…
- Master’s degree or equivalent by work experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Good oral and written command of English is required, knowledge of French and German is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of all business processes including relation to the own discipline
- Strong IT tools skills including Excel advanced functions, SAP and BI
- Robust ability to analyse and synthetize
- Rigorous, pragmatic and efficient with attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent communication and organisational competencies
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract, start asap until 30.06.2024
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Financial controller
- Job Reference: UOL04961
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
- Find out more about the University
- Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University