The University | About us...
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine a Post-Doctoral Fellow in Mathematics (Statistics).
The position is funded by the ERA Chair SanDAL in Mathematical Statistics and Data Science (https://sandal.uni.lu/).
- Research related to the following areas: Mathematical Statistics, Machine Learning
- Contribute to setting up an internationally competitive research team in Mathematical Statistics
- The candidate is expected to take part in the scientific activities (seminars, colloquia, schools) that are organized within Y. Baraud’s group and the Mathematics Department
- The teaching load is approximately 67 hours per academic year
What we expect from you…
- A high quality Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Solid knowledge of Probability Theory and Statistics
- A taste for the theory of Mathematical Statistics or its applications to Life Sciences and Industry
- Dedication to doing Mathematics at a research level
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Excellent research conditions in an international and inspiring environment.
- Possibility to become a member of an excellent research unit in a quickly growing university.
- Additional travel funds through the ERA Chair SanDAL.
- The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral researcher at the UL is 75 285 €
- Contract Type: 12 months fixed-term contract. Possible extension by 12 months
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Starting date: beginning of the contract is flexible, between March 2022 and December 2022
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04747
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- A CV / publication list
- Names of at least 2 reference letter writers
- A general research statement
- A short letter of motivation
Applications received before September 2022 are ensured to receive full consideration but the Postdoc position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Website of the Mathematics Research Unit: http://math.uni.lu
Yannick BARAUD: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.